The Author’s Guideline of HELPER: Jurnal Penelitian dan Pembelajaran
HELPER: Jurnal Penelitian dan Pembelajaran is a national scientific journal that is open to seeking innovation, creativity, and novelty. This Journal is a peer-review journal published by the Faculty of Pedagogy Psychologylogy, University of PGRI Adi Buana. The journal aims to facilitate scientific publication of the results of researches in Indonesia and participate to boost the quality and quantity of research for academics and researchers. This Journal is publishing research results and critical analysis studies in the field of Education
2. The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is the authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- Manuscript accepted standard written in Indonesian;
- The manuscript text is thought to be written as this article template. The article is written on A4-size paper (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 25 mm, right 25 mm, bottom 25 mm, and top 25 mm, Garamond theme font, 11pt font size, and 1.5 lin-spacing.
- The manuscript is typed using Microsoft Word program on A4 paper, around 3,000-5,000 words including figures, tables, and references.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism elements. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism. We use plagiarism software to check your manuscript (30% by Turnitin).
- The manuscript consists of five main headings: Pendahuluan (Introduction); Metode (Methods); Hasil (Results; Pembahasan (Discussion); Kesimpulan (Conclusions); Daftar Pustaka (References);
- The title of the article should be as short as possible, and should represent the content of the manuscript;
- Author names are written under the title, followed by author affiliation and e-mail address;
- Abstract written in Indonesian and English. Abstract not exceeding 15-200 words, write a narrative consists of goals/objectives, methods, and findings of the research/writing;
- Keywords: words or phrases that are important, specific, or representative for articles and consisting of 3-8 words;
3. The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in a capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviations. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by their explanations. The article title should be written within fifteen to twenty words, Garamond theme font,14 pt-sized font, 1 space, spacing before 6 pt and after 12 pt with the bold selection and in the center text format.
Abstract: The abstract has to be written within 150-200 words maximum and followed by three to eight keywords and arranged alphabetically. The abstract must contain research objectives, methods, results, conclusions, and limitations (optional). The abstract was written in 1 space line, and 11 font size Garamond.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basis of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand news of the scientific article. The Introduction was written in 1,5 space line, and 11 font size Garamond spacing after 6 pt.
Methods: The method explains how the research is conducted, including research design, data collection, research instrument, and analytic methods. This part should be narrated. The part was written in 1,5 space line, and 11 font size Garamond spacing after 6 pt.
Result and Discussion: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis or research question stated previously in the introduction part. This part was written in 1,5 space line, and 11 font size Garamond spacing after 6 pt
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions, limitations, and recommendations. The conclusions will be the answers to the hypothesis or research question, the research purposes, and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. Research limitations and recommendations contain a deficiency in the research and suggestions associated with further ideas from the research. This part was written in 1,5 space line, and 11 font size Garamond spacing after 6 pt
Acknowledgment: Acknowledgements to those who support the research (sponsors and respondents). Families and supervisors are not allowed in this section.
References: All the references used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 70% of all the references) published in the last ten years. Each article should have at least ten references and cite HELPER: Jurnal Penelitian dan Pembelajaran articles, at least 3 articles. This part was written in 1 space line, and 11 font size Garamond spacing after 6 pt
Table: Every table must have a unique title placed at the top. Titles should be clear and concise, and they should not be complete sentences. table title is written in 1 space line,10 font size Garamond, center, spacing before 6 pt, and bold only in the table sentence (ex: Table 1. The table of...). Meanwhile, the body table is written in 1 space line,10 font size Garamond.
Figure: each figure should have a caption. The caption should be concise and typed separately, not on the figure area; If figures have parts (for example, A and B), make sure all parts are explained in the caption. The figure title is written in 1 space line,10 font size Garamond, center, and bold only in the figure sentence. (ex: Figure 1. The figure of...)
Equation and numbering equation: The equation number should be placed in parentheses to the right of the equation. E.g. Hn+1(1/n+1, 1/n+1, …, 1/n+1) (1); Do not create equations as pictures. Use MathType or insert symbols as normal text. Equations should be numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals to avoid ambiguities if they will be referred to in the text. Citation for an equation should be made by using "(1)," not "Eq. (1)" or "equation (1)," except at the beginning of a sentence: "Equation (1) is…"
4. The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other author articles should attach the reference sources. The references should use a reference application management such as Mendeley, EndNote, or Zotero. The writing format used in HELPER: Jurnal Penelitian dan Pembelajaran follows the APA 7th Edition (American Psychological Association) format.
5. The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems (the second procedure is more preferable):
- The document should be submitted by the Online Submission System in the HELPER: Jurnal Penelitian dan Pembelajaran E-journal portal.
- Firstly, the author should register as either an author or reviewer (checking role as author or reviewer) in the “Register”
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, click on “New Submission”. The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the “Start” column, choose Journal Section (nearby Volume and Issue will publish), check all the checklists.
- In the “Upload Submission” Column, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format in this column.
- In the “Enter Metadata” columns, fill in with all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract, Keywords, and References.
- In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns. The author is also allowed to upload supplementary files or any other else.
- In the “Confirmation” columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click “Finish Submission”.
- If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact HELPER: Jurnal Penelitian dan Pembelajaran, the editorial team.