Buana Pendidikan: Jurnal Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan Unipa Surabaya is a national scientific journal that is open to seeking innovation, creativity, and novelty. This Journal is a peer-review journal published by the Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan, University of PGRI Adi Buana Surabaya. The journal aims to facilitate scientific publication of research results in Indonesia and boost the quality and quantity of research for academics and researchers. This Journal is publishing research results and critical analysis studies in the field of Education.
2. The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text's general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is an authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- Manuscript accepted standard written in the English language;
- The manuscript text is thought to be written as this article template. The article is written on A4-size paper (210 x 297 mm or 8.3 x 11.7"), with custom margins as follows: left 25 mm, right 25 mm, bottom 25 mm, and top 25 mm, Garamond theme font, 11pt font size, and 1.5 line-spacing.
- The manuscript is typed using the Microsoft Word program on A4 paper, around 3,000-7,000 words, including figures, tables, and references.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism elements. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism. We use plagiarism software to check your manuscript.
- The manuscript consists of five main headings, namely: Introduction; Methods; Results and Discussion; Conclusions; References;
- The title of the article should be as short as possible (maximum 20 words, Capital Each Beginning Word, Garamond 14, space 1, spacing before 6pt, after 18pt), and should represent the content of the manuscript;
- Author names are written under the title, followed by author affiliation and e-mail address;
- Abstract written in Indonesian and English. Abstract not exceeding 150 words, write a narrative consisting of goals/objectives, methods, and findings of the research/writing;
- Keywords: words or phrases that are important, specific, or representative of articles and consist of 3-8 words;
3. The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpointed with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in a capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviations. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by their explanations. The article title should be written within a maximum of twenty words, Garamond theme font, 14pt-sized font, one space, spacing before 6pt and after 18pt with the bold selection and in the center text format.
Abstract: The abstract must be written within 150 words maximum, followed by three to eight keywords, and arranged alphabetically. The abstract must contain research objectives, methods, results, conclusions, and limitations (optional). The abstract was written in 1 space line and ten font size Garamond.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basis of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand news of the scientific article.
Methods: The method explains how the research is conducted, including research design, data collection, research instrument, and analytic methods. This part should be narrated.
Findings and Discussion: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and discovery must be the answers, the research hypothesis, or the research question stated previously in the introduction.
Conclusion: This final part contains conclusions, limitations, and recommendations. The conclusions will be the answers to the hypothesis or research question, the research purposes, and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should summarize the results the author expects for the research purposes or the hypothesis. Research limitations and recommendations contain a deficiency in the research and suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
Acknowledgment: Acknowledgements to those who support the research (sponsors and respondents). Families and supervisors are not allowed in this section.
References: This part must list all the references used in the article. In this part, all the references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% of all the references) published in the last ten years.
Table: Every table must have a unique title placed at the top. Titles should be clear and concise, and they should not be complete sentences. Table title is written in 1 space line, ten font size Garamond, center, spacing before 6 pt, and bold only in the table sentence (i.e., Table 1. The result of...). Meanwhile, the body table is written in a 1.15 space line, ten font size Garamond.
Figure: each figure should have a caption both in the title and the paragraph text. The caption should be concise and typed separately, not on the figure area; If figures have parts (for example, A and B), make sure all parts are explained in the caption. The figure title is written in 1 space line, 10 font size Garamond, center, and bold only in the figure sentence (i.e., Figure 1. The result of...).
Equation and numbering equation: The equation number should be placed in parentheses to the right of the equation. E.g. Hn+1(1/n+1, 1/n+1, …, 1/n+1) (1); Do not create equations as pictures. Use MathType or insert symbols as normal text. Equations should be numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals to avoid ambiguities if they will be referred to in the text. Citation for an equation should be made by using "(1)," not "Eq. (1)" or "equation (1)," except at the beginning of a sentence: "Equation (1) is…"
4. The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other author's articles should attach to the reference sources. The references should use a reference application management such as Mendeley, EndNote, or Zotero. The writing format used in Buana Pendidikan: Jurnal Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan Unipa Surabaya follows the APA 7th Edition (American Psychological Association) format.
5. The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one system using Open Journal System (OJS):
- The document should be submitted by the Online Submission System in the Buana Pendidikan: Jurnal Fakultas Keguruan Dan Ilmu Pendidikan Unipa Surabaya E-journal portal (https://jurnal.unipasby.ac.id/index.php/jurnal_buana_pendidikan).
- Firstly, the author should register as either an author or reviewer in the “Register”.
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, and click on “New Submission”. The article submission stage consists of five stages: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the “Start” column, choose your manuscript type (research article or review article), after that check all the checklists in the submission requirements. If you want to request, you can fill the box in the comment for the editor.
- In the “Upload Submission” column, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format. The manuscript template can be downloaded here: manuscript template.
- In the “Enter Metadata” column, fill in all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract, Keywords, and References.
- In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns, the author uploads a cover letter. Besides, the author is also allowed to upload supplementary files (if needed).
- In the “Confirmation” columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click “Finish Submission”.
- If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please "contact" Buana Pendidikan: Jurnal Fakultas Keguruan Dan Ilmu Pendidikan Unipa Surabaya.